प्रधानमंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना PMUY || Govt Allows Ujjwala Can Get Free Domestic LPG Cooking Gas Cylinder Till September 2020
Govt Allows Ujjwala Can Get Free Domestic LPG Cooking Gas Cylinder Till September 2020
प्रधानमंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना PMUY : अब 30 सितंबर तक मिलेगा Free LPG Cylinder, 8 करोड़ लोगों को होगा फायदा 3 month free Gas Cyclinder
The government had in March announced three 14.2-kg LPG cylinders free of cost to about 8 crore Ujjwala beneficiaries from April to June to help them cope with the economic pain of the coronavirus lockdown.
But since not all rural and poor households -- the principal beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme -- consume one cylinder every month, some could not avail their full quota of three cylinders, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
Given that the approved scheme was to end in June, the petroleum ministry proposed for time extension by three months for the Ujjwala beneficiaries to avail the free cylinders
The earlier announced Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) package included providing women of 83 million below poverty line (BPL) families with free cooking gas cylinders for three months under the Ujjwala scheme. Given that the approved scheme was to end in June, the petroleum ministry proposed for time extension by three months for the Ujjwala beneficiaries to avail the free cylinders.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana PMUY: केंद्रीय कैबिनेट की बैठक में आज प्रधानमंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना PMUY को लेकर एक महत्वपूर्ण घोषणा की गई है। अब सरकार ने प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना (Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana) के तहत जनता को दिए जाने वाले फ्री गैस सिलेंडर योजना की अवधि तीन महीने के लिए बढ़ा दी है।
- There are 7.40 crore Ujjwala beneficiaries who benefitted from relaxations under PMGKY, said Javadekar
- The government provided free of cost refills for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) consumers for a period of 3 months from April 1
- This deadline has been extended till September 30
PMGKY scheme for Ujjwala users extended; free gas cylinder refills for three more months | Business News
“The package also included relief for poor families who had availed of an LPG connection under PMUY. Under the PMGKY-Ujjwala, it was decided to provide free of cost refills for PMUY consumers for a period of 3 months w.e.f. 01.04.2020. Under the Scheme, ₹9709.86 crore was transferred directly into the bank accounts of Ujjwala beneficiaries during April- June 2020 and 11.97 crore cylinders were delivered to the PMUY beneficiaries," the statement added.
- "Thus, the beneficiaries who already have the advance transferred to their account can now take the free refill delivery till September 30," the statement said.
- Officials said no fresh transfer of money will be done into bank accounts and only unutilized credits for the purchase of LPG have been allowed till September.
- In March, the government had announced a relief package 'Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana' aimed at providing a safety net to the poor and vulnerable who had b
- Besides free ration, the package included relief for poor families who had availed an LPG connection under PMUY.
"Under the scheme, Rs 9709.86 crore was transferred directly into the bank accounts of Ujjwala beneficiaries during April-June 2020 and 11.97 crore cylinders were delivered to the PMUY beneficiaries. The scheme went a long way to ameliorate the suffering and disruption caused due to the coronavirus pandemic," it said.
Whatsapp Join for New updates: Click here