Coronavirus vaccine: India has a 'big' role to play, projects are being fast-tracked
Coronavirus LIVE: 20,572 cured in last 24 hours; India recovery rate 63.24%
Coronavirus latest news: Total number of Covid-19 cases in India now at 941,630. Maharashtra has 267,665 cases, Delhi 115,346, and Tamil Nadu 147,324. Stay tuned for coronavirus LIVE updates.
Coronavirus update: India has recorded nearly 29,428 Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours, taking its total number of Covid-19 cases to 941,630. With over 550 deaths on Tuesday, the country's death toll has now reached 24,371. In the wake of increasing number of coronavirus cases, a total lockdown is to be imposed in Bihar from 16 to 31 July.
Coronavirus world update: The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported another record single-day increase of over 230,000 in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases.
As many as 13,504,004 people around the world have been diagnosed with Covid-19 so far. While more than 7,892,059 have recovered, 582,320 have died, according to Worldometer.
- Country-wise, the United States remains the most affected. It recorded over 65,000 cases in a day to take its total to 3,545,077 coronavirus cases; its death toll stands at 139,143. The US is followed by Brazil, which has 1,931,204 cases and 74,262 deaths. and India (937,487 cases, 24,315 deaths).
- At least 90 fresh COVID-19 cases have been reported in Tripura on Tuesday raising the state's virus count to 2,184, officials said. Altogether 1,538 persons have recovered from the disease and at present there are 630 active cases, they said.
- During a meeting of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs, members also demanded that the maximum price of COVID-19 medicines be capped, they said.
- Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla, Joint Secretary in Health Ministry Lav Agarwal and other officials were present in the meeting of the standing committee on home affairs chaired by Congress leader Anand Sharma.
- Cutting across party lines, the committee members questioned why expensive medicines were often being recommended for COVID-19 treatment, sources in the panel said.
- The committee members expressed concern over black marketing of medicines.
Naming three cheaper and easily available medicines, the committee members questioned why are they not being promoted despite they being equally effective.
This is : Gujarat Corona Case Official Portal
This is Today info: Full Information
Of the 90 patients, 29 were detected from West Tripura district, 9 from Khowai district, 16 from North Tripura district, 7 from Gomati district, 12 from Dhalai district, 7 from South Tripura district, 6 from Sepahijala district and 4 from Unakoti district.
Two coronavirus deaths have been reported in the state while 14 persons have migrated. The state government has set a target of testing over two lakh samples for COVID-19 in the next one month and seven thousand tests would be conducted daily, senior minister and cabinet spokesperson, Ratan Lal Nath said.