Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana : Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small deposit scheme of the Government of India meant exclusively for a girl child and is launched as a part of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign. The scheme is meant to meet the education and marriage expenses of a girl child.
How to calculate maturity value of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is a small deposit scheme for the girl child launched as a part of the 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' campaign. One of the reasons why this scheme has become popular is due to its tax benefit. It comes with a maximum tax benefit of Rs 1.5 lakh under section 80C of the Income-tax Act. Further, the interest accrued and maturity amount are exempt from tax.
If you are planning on investing in the scheme, you can use the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator to calculate the maturity amount at the end of the tenure. You can use the calculator to find out how much you can approximately save via this scheme for the daughter's higher education and/or marriage.
Who can use SSY calculator?
To use this calculator, one must satisfy the eligibility conditions of the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme. According to the rules, the following people are eligible to open a Sukanya Samriddhi account:
- a) Age of girl child should not exceed 10 years
- b) She should be a resident citizen of India
- c) Account cannot be opened for more than two girl children in a single family
How to use Sukanya Samriddhi calculator
- If you satisfy eligibility conditions, then the calculator will ask you to provide the age of your daughter/s and amount that you want to invest in the scheme. The minimum amount you can invest is Rs 1,000 and maximum is Rs 1.5 lakh in a single financial year. With effect from 5 July, 2018, the government has reduced the minimum investment amount to Rs 250.
How the calculator works
- The calculator, based on the amount entered by you, calculates the approximate value that will be received by you at maturity. The scheme will mature after the completion of 21 years from the date of opening of the account.
- According to the scheme rules, a depositor is required to make deposits every year till the completion of 15 years from the date of opening of account. Here, the calculator assumes that you have made all the deposits every year of the same amount as selected by you.
- Between the 15th year and 21st year, no deposits are required to be made. However, you will be earning interest on the earlier deposits made. The calculator takes into account the interest that will be accrued to you during those years.
What does the calculator show?
- Depending on the information provided by you, the calculator will show you the year in which the account matures, the maturity value, interest rate using which the maturity value is arrived at. It also shows the break-up of amount that you can invest monthly in the scheme.
While arriving at the maturity value, we have assumed interest rate of 8.1 per cent per annum throughout the next 21 years as it is currently offered in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
Read In Gujarati:Click here
DOWNLOAD FORM:Click here
Updates on our whatsapp group: Click here
Updates on our telegram channel: Click here
If, in spite of this shortcoming, she was able to retain his love in competition with Russian and Prussian princesses, there must have been some tie which could endure the strain. And though time leaves its impact and she is not completely unscathed by sorrows, she is a forceful personality; she is the lady of peace.